two graphics cards?

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i am at the moment trying to play a aircraft fighter game. however with my optical mouse i am having problems controling the planes.
i have a joystick, but my video card has not got a port for it. however i di have a matrox graphics card with the correct port on it.
is it possible to put the matrox in and also have myati card running at the same time? i will have the joystick in the matrox, and my monitor in the radeon, using the radeon to run graphics.
it migt be a stupid question but hey ho.
woz

I've never heard of or seen a graphics card with a gameport on it. The only way i think you could've come to that conclusion is that you have a joystick with a 9 pin D type plug (like serial)? if so then you won't be able to plug that into a graphics card as the connector on the card will be a D type but 15 pin - intended for the monitor. I may however be completely wrong, can you post a pic of the Matrox card? - www.imageshack.us for free image hosting.

cheers

ahh. you are probably correct. i tried the card in my other p.c, and it worked properly, but would not recognise the joystick.
how would i get to configure this joystick?
its a wingman extreme with a 15 pin male end connector.
woz

hmm, you might have to try and find a PCI Joystick Controller? Or perhaps an adapter from 15-pin to USB (if they exist?)? Or a new Joystick that's USB (assuming you have spare USB jacks)?

wozelbeak said:
ahh. you are probably correct. i tried the card in my other p.c, and it worked properly, but would not recognise the joystick.
how would i get to configure this joystick?
its a wingman extreme with a 15 pin male end connector.
woz

There should be a MIDI (i think thats what it is) plugin near the low right hand corner of your motherboard (thats where mine is) and it requires you to plug in some wierd connector for joy sticks, etc. I'd try looking towards the front, or looking for a Joystick to USB connector.

Just get an adapter, mine came with one, usualy they are the gameport to usb so then you can just plug it into your mobo:)

Back
Top Bottom