TV tuners - any recommendations?

Airwalker

Solid State Member
Guys,

I'm looking for a decent (yet cheap, if possible) PCI TV tuner. The only requirements are that firstly it facilitates FM radio reception, and secondly, that it does NOT require an audio connection to the motherboard - these connections on my motherboard are entirely blocked by the heatsink of my graphics card, so getting anywhere near them is out of the question.

Price range £20-£40 (naturally, the lower the better).

Any recommendations much appreciated - thanks.

Tom

ATI TV Wonder..? Ive read tonnes of reviews on that, and they're all good, and I should get one in the post anytime soon.

joxley1990 said:
ATI TV Wonder..? Ive read tonnes of reviews on that, and they're all good, and I should get one in the post anytime soon.
i have it, its great, get a USB one though, or else the cheap pci's suck.

I have the cheap KWorld one off of Newegg. It does a decent job. Video comes very nicely, but the features are lacking and software sucks. But it only cost me $20. It's the PCI version and I have a cable slippter to route the cable line to my regular TV and to the back of my PC.

sk8ngame - What have you been smoking? USB is the worst way to go for video capture! Why do you think the high end cards are just PCI?

TRDCorolla - I've used a Kworld card once... Pretty junky if you ask me. Particually if you have a weak cable signal, the picture looks really grainy. But, even with a direct input(IE RCA) it's pretty poor quality. Plus it doesn't have an onboard compressor, so you tend to drop frames.

If you want a good card, go with a WinTV PVR series. I got a 150 and the quality is really nice. I can burn the captured file with no converting to DVD and the quality is basically perfect.

The_Other_One said:
Why do you think the high end cards are just PCI?
i never said usb was better, i said
sk8ngame said:
the cheap pci's suck.

i have had 2 cards, then i got a tv wonder USB, its much better htan the cheap PCI's i had. damn would you read the post

I have used a usb connection for video capture. It isn't all that bad, as long as you're not looking for the greatest quality. I'd go with the ATI TV-Wonder or All-In-Wonder if you're looking for a card that does it all.

Back
Top Bottom