TV tuner/sound card question

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Ok so I got a TV tuner today. Well the video works great but I have no sound. I'm using integrated audio which I think is the problem. There's no audio in connector on the motherboard, there's one on the TV tuner but not on my motherboard. I read the dell forum and found that this is common since Dell uses custom motherboards :mad: my question is this: If I get a new soundcard will it work? Here is one that I found on circuit city's website that I'm thinking about going out to buy tomorrow, does it have the thing I need? http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Crea...47562/catOid/-13011/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
I'm not sure about the name of the thing, but it's a very short gray cable with 4 little holes in it, I think it's the audio in/out connector but I'm not too sure. Please forgive me, I'm a noob when it comes to this sort of thing.

Thanks,
Troy

The audio out on the tuner card goes to line in on the audio. It doesn't matter if you use onboard sound as long as it's connected to the right input.

setishock said:
The audio out on the tuner card goes to line in on the audio. It doesn't matter if you use onboard sound as long as it's connected to the right input.
my motherboard has none because i'm using integrated sound though which is weird. It has some on the outside but the motherboard has no sound out on the outside, just cable, S-Video and video out. I've read that this issue is due to dell's custom motherboards. Besides, I think it's time I get a new soundcard anyways. This one can't record stuff going through it like I need it to and soundcards aren't too pricey (well at least the one I want isn't) :)

Back
Top Bottom