TV tuner.. or something?

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Is there something out there that records kind of like.. a dual deck VCR, but at a much larger scale? Hm, records multiple channels (you program it to do it at certain times, of course), say 4:00-5 monday, 2:00-4, 3,4 (different channels) and 8-9 on tuesday... so on for the rest of the week? Just program it all sunday...

Well, I thought TiVo only worked with satalite.

There has been one product that I have run into.. I have proven that that is kind of a stupid product though, because all it does it organize everything yuou record.. you have to buy your own storage and everything...

This is the post I put on the other forum..

If I want to record like 10 shows within a week, can I set it up where it will record at those specific times during the week, where I don't have to mess with it at all? And still be able to watch whatever channel I want? Can I record two or more shows at the same time on different channels?

I would be buying this for someone else, and to give you an Idea, they deal with VHS, they have like 4 VCRs that they record on. They watch all the shows like greys anatomy, House, Monk, Sych, all those shows.. more than that actually. They have to keep switching the tapes and such all the time. I want to cut down on that.. and I wanted to see if I could have this thing record every monday at 6:00 to 7:00 and every tuesday on channel 24 from 8:00 to 10:00 and on channel 73 from 8:00 to 9:00. (that was just an example, there would be alot more channels, of course...)

Cable.

If they have a computer running any version of Vista above basic, then Media Center will do the job. Just pop in a good tuner card and program the schedule. If they want to archive the programs they can shoot them onto a dvd.

Back
Top Bottom