TV Stick

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

this one has bin bugging me since christmas when i got the product

i got bought WIN TV Nova-T TV Stick and have plugged it in installed latest drivers from website plugged my arial in and started it up and it asked to scan for channels so i was like yeah that would be a good idea DUH so it started scanning 5 mins later it say it cant find n e channels ??

so thats my problem and heres what i have tried to make it work

returned it 3 X coz i thought it might be dodgy
borrowed and friends freeview box and used my arial on it works
uninstalled and reinstalled several times
tried it on 2 different computers XP and Vista

but i have found if i take it to my master airal socket and plug it in works fine finds over 70 channels ?

coz my setup is from main socket to upstairs where there is an amplified splitter then from there it goes to 3 diff rooms

so as i get perfect signal on a freeview box im thinking the USB Stick does not wonna go through an 'AMPLIFIED' splitter ??

am i right ? if so n e ways around this . if not what you think it could be

ive heard these sticks are crap and dont work very well. im not too sure though. i was gonna buy one but i think ill save up for a decent one.

i have an internal pci win tv card , it is yonks old , cant even pick up freeview so i have wired it through my video so it recieves the output from the video and it works fine , can even use it to take recordings when playing playstation i would have got an internal pci tv tuner

yh i bought that usb stick for my laptop i got a desktop now and if the USB stick was working u prob would buy an internal for my desktop

but does any1 know of an easy way to get this working short of buying a new arial

try witdhout the amplified splitter , i dont have an amplified splitter here and it works fine , i just have some £1 splitter from the pund shop , maybe the aerial is digital but the splitter is giving out analogue which the stick cant decode as it is a digitial stick

well i tried it with a normal 3 way splitter and got like 20 channels through but it keeps jumping and my tv picture quality decreased aswell

looks like i gonna have to buy a new loft airal im due a new one n e ways

does n e 1 have n e tips for installing loft airal

i heard the best way was just to take a portable tele with you and when you get good pic screw it to the joists lol simple............... right ?

( im not just buying the airal for that tv stick its coz i gott split my arial from 4 rooms which its in now to 7 rooms gettin tv in kitchen other bedrrom and dining room DIY weekend)

hmm , hows about get a junction box when youinstall it , it is kind of like a splitter or get 2 aerial cables , thats howu we have it in our house , 2 aerial cables running off the roof aerial , one for my room and then i have it wired to my video and a splitter from my video to my tv and pc then we have another running to the living room with the main tv and freeview etc but if you want 3 you need to get a junction box and that would have been like an extra £50 on top sso we didnt bother

In your settings what have you selected as the input? Cable or antenna.
If cable keep in mind there are different types of cable. HRC, IRC, digital, and just plain analog. And there's a lot more types that are not real common. Might want to check those settings.
If the boosted signal is swamping the front end on the stick it might give it fits when it tries to scan for channels. Try adding an antenuator at the end of the line going to the stick. I'd start off with -12db and go in small steps till you get a signal it can use.
If it's an antenna, where do you live that you get 70 channels off the air?

no mate its a cable i use but i didnt mean 70 tv channles it also picks up loads of radio channels aswell i think i get bout 25 ish tv channels

and i have 3 options to choose when scanning for channels antenna, cable and cable HRC tried all 3 and nothing :(

Back
Top Bottom