Trying to hit 2.6ghz with venice

Jk

In Runtime
Hello everone ive been overclocking my computer and ive been able to hit 2.55ghz stable but if I try to hit 2.6 then no matter how much voltage i put into it, it will not run stable. Im wondering if im doing something wrong or if this is just the most my system will run. My System is in my sig and this is what im running.
---------------
Cpu:
255mhz
multiplier x10
1.5125v
---------------
Chipset:
1.6v
---------------
HT:
4x
1.25v
---------------
DDR:
2.8v
333mhz

TCL -2.5T
TRAS -8T
TRCD -3T
TRP -3T
TRC -11T
TRFC -14T
TRWT-4T
TWR -2T

1T Timing
---------------
Voltages:
Vcore -1.55v
3.3v -3.38v
5.0v -4.92v
12.0v -11.97v
I got These readings off of pc probe 2
---------------
Temps:

Cpu: Idle -30c
Load -42c

Chipset: Idle -30c
Load -31c
---------------
Other:
Pci Express Clock -100mhz
Pci Clock Sync -to 33.33
---------------
CPUz says that my memory runs at 212mhz and the memory is supposed to be run at 200mhz ive tried underclocking it to 138mhz and then trying 2.6 but it is not stable. It seems stable but superpi gives me errors.

There you go. I tried to give you all my info if you see something that should be changed then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Looks like your ram might be holding you back... since its only 333... but im not near an expert at OCing

so if in the bios my memory is not running at 400 mhz high overclocks wont work?

cabbspapp said:
Wouldn't clocking the memory higher make it harder for him to reach higher cpu speeds?

No, and in fact if he doesn't overclock his memory in time with the cpu it begins to act as a major bottleneck to the system.

So if I down clock the memory to normal speeds but the cpu is overclocked then i get a bottleneck? Are you saying that i have to have my memory say 255mhz in cpuz in order for me to not have a bottleneck? And this important, but it still dosent tell me why i cannot reach 2.6.

Ð88 said:
No, and in fact if he doesn't overclock his memory in time with the cpu it begins to act as a major bottleneck to the system.

Learn something new everyday I guess.

well see its real easy for me... i have my proc at 2.5... my ram is DDR500 so it runs at 250mhz.. so i just did a 250x10 and a 1/1 ratio and im all set... i dunno what you could do... i know "value" ram isnt the best obviously so that seems to be whats keeping you... But i am really a noob compared to most these guys... maybe they can help more

Back
Top Bottom