Trying to grasp the answer to this.

rx7marsh

Solid State Member
Just built my first rig recently, ended up with this.

Intel Quad Core Q9400, Kingston HyperX 4g (2 sticks, 2 each), Gigabyte GTS 250, Gigabyte MB.

Will provide rest if needed.

My question is this, im running CoreTemp and my cores are as followed
Core #0-27
Core #1-30
Core #2-40
Core #3-31

Celcius btw. The only load is on #3 running with just internet and a couple smaller apps. Are these normal temps in a quad core? I have quite a bit of fans keeping blowing on it. Pretty sure the comp shut off on me 2 days ago playing a game randomly and earlier system kept beeping at me all of a sudden while under a bit of load.

Thinking maybe i need more cooling, maybe water cooling?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Just built my first rig recently, ended up with this.

Intel Quad Core Q9400, Kingston HyperX 4g (2 sticks, 2 each), Gigabyte GTS 250, Gigabyte MB.

Will provide rest if needed.

My question is this, im running CoreTemp and my cores are as followed
Core #0-27
Core #1-30
Core #2-40
Core #3-31

Celcius btw. The only load is on #3 running with just internet and a couple smaller apps. Are these normal temps in a quad core? I have quite a bit of fans keeping blowing on it. Pretty sure the comp shut off on me 2 days ago playing a game randomly and earlier system kept beeping at me all of a sudden while under a bit of load.

Thinking maybe i need more cooling, maybe water cooling?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Stock cooler I take it? And those are pretty normal temps for that processor, at least from my experience. You pretty much have the same rig I used to :p

I think you're just over reacting :eek:

Oh, ok well.. thanks. I probabley am just figured maybe i had installed it incorrectly.

THanks mucho

Back
Top Bottom