Trying to build a pc under 400q

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
Trying to build a pc under 400

my dad needs a new pc, and he can only spare $400 w/o monitor,

but ive been trying to make one on newegg and it keeps on coming out to 500 with tax and shipping.

hes gonna be using this computer mainly for internet, word, maybe using some landscaping programs and for making a website, so it doesn't have to be intense

thanks

um the pc in your sig why dosen't he use that. well anyway are these landscaping programs intense on the graphic scale. well what u should do is just get the must have things like hard drive and motherboard, cheap case just what he needs nothing over.

well cuz that babys mine :) and im always on it cuz of hw, from 4 till 12, so he doesn't have a chance to use it.

im still trying to figure out what cpu to get him, cuz when i go with 2.8 or higher, i end up in the 500s, i don't know what he needs though

and no the landscaping programs aren't really hightec, its those chepo-depo ones from best buy like 30 bucks :)

well don't worry bout cards or anything get him a cheap CPU i have a 11 year old CPU in this computer and all i use it for is internet, word and playing AOE2 and mine works fine so not the tops for a CPU u can up grade it in time too when u get more money

i was thinking maybe a 2.4 Ghz P4, a mobo with integrated sound and video, a 40 GB hdd, a cheap case w/ 350 watt psu, and a DVD/CD-RW, 512MB RAM, but i can't get it less than 400

i never said i wanted a dvd burner, he only wants a DVD/CD-RW which is a DVD ROM and a CD burner and its only 20 bucks.

anyway, i just tried again and i think i got it right this time, except with the cables and fans and thermal paste, itll come to 450, but is closer :)

Cases (Computer Cases, ATX Form)

Sky Hawk/Eagle Tech Silver ATX Mid Tower Case, Model "BAX-4638" -

$19.99

CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)

Lite-On Black 52X32X52 CD-RW Drive, Model LTR-52327S, OEM

$23.50

Fans, Heatsinks (Case, CPU, Chipset)

Masscool CPU Cooler for Intel, Model "9U291B1M3G" -RETAIL

$9.99

Hard Drives

Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model 6E040L0, OEM Drive only

$47.00

Memory (System Memory)

$54.50

Motherboards - Intel

MSI "865G NEO2-PLS" i865G Chipset Motherboard for Intel Socket 478 CPU -RETAIL

$95.00

Processors

Intel Pentium 4/ 2.4B GHz 533MHz FSB, 512K Cache - OEM

Item# N82E16819116140

what u got there only adds up to 249.98 and u aren't shipping them individualy so that'll cost bout 50 bucks extra so that leaves $100 enough to buy termal and cables not that u would have them lying about anyway

lol, the price of the processor isnt there, nor is shipping or tax; i live in CA

edit: processor is 140 btw

If you wanted to save some more money, go with the AMD Sempron or Athlon XP series. They provide lots of performance for the price.

Back
Top Bottom