Is TRIM overrated?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I am running out of space on my C300 128GB SSD, and since my b-day is just around the corner I was thinking about getting another C300 128GB and putting them in RAID-0. Im aware that TRIM doesnt support raid, and I guess my question is will I be seeing more performance with the raid 0 or will the absence of TRIM degrade my system?

I seen somewhere that C300 does have a native garbage collection system which cleans the disk without the help of TRIM. How can I access the garbage collection, and what are the cons/pros of using it in comparison to TRIM? Will the garbage collection do just as good of a job as TRIM would?

I know that best solution prob would be to get one M4 256GB, but I just dont have an extra $200 to spend.

Any links regarding the RAID-0 maintenance or anything relevant would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As far as i can tell the only reason to raid 0 ssd's is for space. With less than .01ms seek, you'll find things instantly already. Oh, and TRIM is not overrated. It helps extend the life and speed of an ssd. Without it, you'll notice a severe speed drop in 2 weeks time.

Make sure to turn windows backup off, windows index, and windows defrag off. These will cut down the ssd's speeds.
(some info may be wrong)

Back
Top Bottom