Too many processes

I Play WOW

Baseband Member
Recently got a "new" laptop from a relative and need to clean it before it's usable. It's running on windows vista with 1 GB of ram and have no idea what is safe get rid of.

Can anyone help me clear up some unnessesary processes and maybe files later? HiJackThis log attached.

Sure. What processes do you have. most of the unnecessarily once is from useless programs.
Give "uninstall and change programs" in the control panel a look.

Another thing you can do is to reinstall windows it. If i got a used laptop, the first thing i would do with it is a reinstall.
You might be lucky enough for the repair mode to have a reset to factory option. That's properly the easiest way to do it. Specially if you don't have a Windows Vista disk

Is Vista still supported by MS for updates? If so format and install Windows. It's the cleanest way possible.

You really need more memory, two gigs will do a lot better than one.

I was going to suggest software that I use to remove common crapware installed with Computers out of factory, but you guys are right. A clean install is always the best way to go.

@I Play WOW, Please remember to backup your drivers, or take note of where to download them before doing this.

Back
Top Bottom