Is it too late??

eapro

In Runtime
I was having problems with my laptop so I decided to format....

Then during formating windows said it couldn't format because the disk could be damaged. After repeated attempts (even putting the HDD in another laptop) at this, I decided, to take a drastic step. I too a small (about size of a dollar coin) but VERY strong (85lbs pull force) neodymium magnet and swept it across the top.

Now it when I try to format, it doesn't even recognize there is a hard drive hooked up. It says there is not hard drive.

So, is it too late or is there one more thing I can do? Luckily I have another laptop to work with if there is anything else I can try.

well the magnet wasnt the best idea but hey too bad

try downloading tools from the hd makers website sometimes i have found there format tools work when others dont

WTF would you run a magnet over your harddrive? Thats like shooting somebody in the head and expecting them to be perfectly fine.

I'm sorry re thinking that, that may have been harse. I mean all I can see is seeing somebody sitting there screwing with a harddrive and getting the idea hey lets rub a magnet around it maybe that'll fix errr.

Back
Top Bottom