Time for an upgrade?

The 8600GT. $150 on a 4850 would be a good start if you play above 1280x1024.

or if you are still an nVidia fanboy, get an 9800GT for about $120 i think.
I like my 8800GT, though i think its starting to get slow, looks like i better find another 8800GT.

EDIT-
the 4850 is very overclockable

now immna hit the sack, i ate to much nutmeg and i wanna leave before i do something stupid ignore this post

I recently got a score of 4700 thats right 4700. From what I hear that's like a 10 year old computer. What should I upgrade first?
http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omgpi5.png

I feel bad now...

First thing, the video card. Probably the main bottleneck if you game.

Beware that those scores don't effectively represent your performance. You will get higher scores with a quad-core, however, in everyday use, a quad-core of equal frequency of a dual-core will perform equally (assuming you do not use multi-threaded programs).

I feel bad now...

First thing, the video card. Probably the main bottleneck if you game.

Beware that those scores don't effectively represent your performance. You will get higher scores with a quad-core, however, in everyday use, a quad-core of equal frequency of a dual-core will perform equally (assuming you do not use multi-threaded programs).
ye my vid card works fine in game usually

If everything is fine, don't upgrade. It's nice to be able to hold out as long as possible because when you do upgrade you get better parts =p

except for me, because soon the 8800GT will be sold out almost everywhere and i would have to pay over $200 for it if i ever find one in stores.

Back
Top Bottom