Time for an Eee PC!

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
I'm gonna pull the trigger on a new school laptop sometime this week, and I've decided that I will consider going for Asus' Eee PC. I've always been interested in them and it seems that the new, updated versions have people raving about the improvements.

I'm looking at two of Asus' Eee PC models: The S101 and the upcoming 1000HE.

The 1000HE looks pretty neat and is packed with features, and has GREAT battery life. I usually have 5-6 hours of MAX continuous usage per day of classes so this would be great.

51PLX7rWgAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

41ksqHgJWZL._AA280_.jpg

The S101 is the sexier, slimmer, and more expensive model. I LOVE the looks and the lightness, but the extra $250 and the DECREASE in battery life over the 1000HE makes me think twice.

41FKeLEkBML._AA280_.jpg

asus-eee-pc-s101-live-shots.jpg

20081020-EeePC-S101.jpg

What do you guys think? Price of the S101 is $650 while the 1000HE is $379. Pros? Cons? Experiences? Advice?

Everything is appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Pros are that its really lightweight and small, so you can store it in your backpack with all these books without having it feel like a ton, and able to store easily. The laptop is also runs pretty cool.
Cons are that the specs arent that good, you cant do things like HD on youtube, or multitask much. The keyboard is also a bit small, so it might take a couple days or so to get used to it.

My cousin got on, i forgot which model it was, i think it was the 1000HA. could be wrong, dont feel like looking it up.

These netbooks are pretty cool, but they are usually for like a light web-browsing or checking emails and stuff.

I have tried one of these laptops and they are pretty good. They perform pretty well.
The programs run pretty fast and you can watch streamed videos on it with no problem.

These are great lil computers. I have the 1st generation that came out with the 7inch screen. honestly the battery life on mine is terrible. The newer ones are great!

Back
Top Bottom