Tight Fit

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Tomorrow i'm redoing my dads comp. Going toss in all my old parts. But when I took a quite glance at it I relieased one the case is SMALL, two the mobo does fit in but its a TIGHT FIT. What was the standard 3 years ago?? It was ATX right? The case was made 3 years ago brand new. Also I won't have ALL OF THE SCREWS for the mobo. Think i'll be missing up to I think 4 or 3 not sure. Will this affect it? its all old parts btu if need be we can always get a new case.

Nik00117 said:
Tomorrow i'm redoing my dads comp. Going toss in all my old parts. But when I took a quite glance at it I relieased one the case is SMALL, two the mobo does fit in but its a TIGHT FIT. What was the standard 3 years ago?? It was ATX right? The case was made 3 years ago brand new. Also I won't have ALL OF THE SCREWS for the mobo. Think i'll be missing up to I think 4 or 3 not sure. Will this affect it? its all old parts btu if need be we can always get a new case.

It should work, a tight fit or not. However, if it is too tight and u can can't cool the motherboard properly, I recommend a new case, otherwise it should be fine. You dont need all the motherboard screws, just at least 3/4 of them BTW>

Yea even if the mobo burns out I could care less. But my dad might care :). I'll try it out tomorrow. if it don't work we'll buy a new case off of newegg. total cost would be about 30 bucks.

Nik00117 said:
Yea even if the mobo burns out I could care less. But my dad might care :). I'll try it out tomorrow. if it don't work we'll buy a new case off of newegg. total cost would be about 30 bucks.

yep, they are not expensive anymore for some el cheapo case with a crappy PSU.

Yea well heh IDC its jsut going have a old ASUS socket A mobo, a GB going put in my other 512 stick with their 512 stick. And a 1.2 GHz amd cpu.

Nik00117 said:
Yea well heh IDC its jsut going have a old ASUS socket A mobo, a GB going put in my other 512 stick with their 512 stick. And a 1.2 GHz amd cpu.

LMAO, old, but a GREAT linux box. I killled my Barton, OCed it with LN2 cooling and it died on me! :(

Back
Top Bottom