Throw away your graphics cards...

Fisher said:
could you elaborate on that alittle more please? ive had this long running argument with my friend that Pcs still own the console market in terms of power and graphics. maybe not power for pounds ratio but when money isnt an option he just cant see that the Pc is better. so from what youre saying the playsation 3 is running on dx9 technology?

The 8800 GTX is far more powerful than the PS3's RSX. The PS3 does have the Cell, but it's a specialized processor designed for intended tasks, whereas PC processors are designed for general computing.

When consoles first launch or are revealed, they're typically more powerful than what is available on the market at the time. Knowing how fast the computer market moves, you can easily tell that PC's will catch up in a matter of months.

You can't really say there is a better option. PC's are for those who like to do things other than gaming, those who want to have some optimization and customization features in their computers. For those who like tweaking software and/or hardware, PCs are generally preferred. Some like it because of the ability to customize and upgrade on the fly as technology allows.

Consoles are for those who like gaming on couches, just want to play good games and for those who can't afford a high-end gaming rig needed to play the same game on a PC counterpart. For example, if you consider the price and power of the Xbox 360, it's pretty good for a gaming machine. It's powerful, outputs games in HD and it costs cheaper than the high-end graphics solutions provided by ATI and NVIDIA. You don't need to worry about drivers, compatability and installation. You just plop the disk in and enjoy! Don't forget about online gameplay either. Xbox Live is easily the best online gaming service out there. It just enhances the experience.

In the end, it's all about preference. It's the same thing with gamepads and keyboard/mouse. You can argue all you want about which one is "better", but it all goes down to personal preference.

Oh and I have no idea if the PS3 is capable of running DirectX 10. I doubt it though. Even ATI has stated that the Xbox 360's Xenos GPU is only capable of DirectX 9.

its a waste right now...give it a couple months and you can save some... or even get a better card

Isnt this the card where like when your playing an army game and kill someoen their body stays their until the game ends so its a little more realistic - even though the downside, the whole map will be covered with dead bodies!

CompMan said:
I just bought one!! eventually two!!

You have too much money for your own good.

Seriously. You already have a 7950 GX2 and you're plopping money to buy an 8800? What a waste of money.

LambOfGod said:
How old are you? Must be nice to be able to drop that much cash

I am 16, and its not a waste of money I am trying to keep my computer updated as much as possible.

16... wtf where was my money when i was 16... ive bee working since i was 14 and i still dont got shiznit for cash

Bob94571 said:
16... wtf where was my money when i was 16... ive bee working since i was 14 and i still dont got shiznit for cash

most likely he just has rich parents who buy him anything he wants. Or then he just works alot.

Back
Top Bottom