Temp monitoring software?

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Does anybody know of any temp monitoring software that supports my Intel GM965 chipset? Everest doesn't support it and I would like to get some temp monitoring software for my HP DV9700T laptop before the weather starts getting warmer so I can keep tabs on my temps. I want to know what the temps are now compared to summertime so I can see how hot she's gonna run.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I found something, this is for the people who are fans of cpu-z, they have a monitoring program now
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

I've heard it reads the temps a little high, but at least it'll give me an idea of what I'm running at.

Motherboard Monitor 5.3.7.0 Publisher's description

Motherboard Monitor (MBM) is a tool that will display information from the sensor chips on your motherboard in your Windows system tray. MBM supports a wide range of Chipsets & Sensor Chip combinations.

It can sense temps from Cpu, HDD, GFx and Mobo. It does also sense Fan speeds. If it senses that your hardware is overheated it can protect it by Shutting it down (user configured). To see if MBM5 supports your hardware check out the Motherboard List

It does also record all temps and fans for later viewing.
This is a great invention if you want to overclock. Example to see how well cooled your computer runs over a time. Full load or idle time. Its recomended for all home built systems. Specially if you make your own HEAT SINKS or just test you newly OVERCLOCKED CPU or GFx Card.

link

im not sure if its compaable but here:

speed fan
pc wizard

or BIOS.
Yeah, I tried speedfan, it didn't work.

I'm using the one from cpuid and it seems accurate.

cpu cores at 44c
gpu at 62c...ceems a little high, geforce 8400m gs
hdd at 42c
motherboard sensor at 44c

For a laptop, I think those temps are decent.

CPUID is a fairly good program. But have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the product? I find that they often have a varity of software listed which is compatible. To be honest, I havn't heard of many problems with heat and Intel Procs. I prefer AMD, which are known for heat, but with the proper heat-sync, I rarely worry. Just some things to consider.

Back
Top Bottom