T5270 with 128mb Graphics VS T7250 Help!

miguel77777

Beta member
Hi everyone,I am currently comparing 2 laptops which are on sale (rock bottom price).The price is about the same but I am not sure which to get because of the specs. Help needed! Please advise!

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.40 GHz 800 MHz (code-named Merom) second generation processor with 800 MT/s FSB, T5270
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA LCD display with TrueLife
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 DIMM 128MB
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
120G 5400RPM SATA
Hard Drive Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic

or

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0GHz, 2mb cache,800mhz FSB Sta RosaHard Drive: 80GB SATA with shock and vibration protectionScreen
14.1" WXGA Widescreen (1280 x 800)Graphics
Intel GMA X3100 integrated graphicsRAM
2Gb DDR2
Finger print login
Linux OS installed

The precessor in the second laptop is better but the integrated graphics on the second one sucks. It all depends on whether or not u want to do any gaming. If u want this laptop for basic use(i.e no gaming) then go for the second one. Linux in second one confuses me but if u have no probs with linux then it shld be fine.

Grateful for your quick reply.

I read that the efficiency of T7250 is at least 30% better than the T5270. But the T5270 has dedicated graphics and this really makes me confused on which to get.

I will be using this for graphics rendering and for some games. Will the integrated X3100 be sufficient?

first one...
processor can be replaced EASILY... if you wanna upgrade the graphics card you have to buy a new computer.

processor can be replaced EASILY... if you wanna upgrade the graphics card you have to buy a new computer.

Is it easy to replace a processor in a laptop? Opening the laptop would void any warranty wouldn't it?

@OP
I doubt you will be getting any decent gaming performance out of either system. In MY OPINION, I think that the linux operating system on the second choice would be too troublesome for me on an everyday basis. Also, you only need a dedicated graphics card if you're gaming; and even so, the dedicated graphics of 8400M GS wouldn't get you passed most of the games in today's market.

the 8400m GS can perfectly run current games on low settings the first system is close to the laptop i got and its played most of what ive tried.

Is it easy to replace a processor in a laptop? Opening the laptop would void any warranty wouldn't it?

@OP
I doubt you will be getting any decent gaming performance out of either system. In MY OPINION, I think that the linux operating system on the second choice would be too troublesome for me on an everyday basis. Also, you only need a dedicated graphics card if you're gaming; and even so, the dedicated graphics of 8400M GS wouldn't get you passed most of the games in today's market.
LOL, canucks... *sigh* i've played crysis, COD4 & all the source games with my XPS (8400GS-M 128mb)

as far as the processor goes it's very easy to change it out. this is a computer forum, not a "you can get in trouble for doing that" forum.

Back
Top Bottom