System Stuck

iffy

In Runtime
I dropped my system lastnight and since then I cannot get to the log on screen. Every time I switch the system on, it prompts me to choose a mode to start in. Safe mode, last known configuration, start normal etc. No matter what selection I choose I cannot get in to the system. It will just restart and land back at the same screen. What can I do to get in?

It sounds like your ram was displaced or Damaged on the drop. check your ram and make sure its properly in

This will sound like a stupid question, but was the system on when you dropped it?

I doubt it's RAM being displaced as that should cause the system not to turn on at all.

Not The Ram. I Took The Hdd Out And Put In To An Enclosure To Get Files Off It. But It Says That The Hdd Is Corrupt

Not The Ram. I Took The Hdd Out And Put In To An Enclosure To Get Files Off It. But It Says That The Hdd Is Corrupt

That's what I was thinking. Ususally when a system cycles like that it's hard drive. Right after a drop that's pretty much expected.

Put it in an air-tight bag and put the drive in the freezer over night. In the morning plug it in and see if anything works better. The trick to this is not letting any moisture get in the bag when you freeze it, and keeping water from condensing on the drive when your working with it later

Back
Top Bottom