System Stability...not very stable huh? (Fixed I think :D)

Re: System Stability...not very stable huh?

If the error report next crash is ram related I'd give it a try at 2.0v, hell I'd try it at 2.0v anyway to see if it stops the crashes.

I'll try it, but most of me is thinking one of the RAID drives are to fault.
Should a drive click every so often? Its not regular, but I've heard it click.
It also, as mentioned before struggls to power up sometimes, with it taking 2 or 3 tries to start, at bootup.

To eliminate the possibility of it being a RAID/drive problem (you did run tools on them iirc and they passed, yes?) try loading the system up without running RAID.

It won't let me do that supposedly. If I delete the RAID, it says it has to delete all system data.

I did run the Segate hard drive tests yes, and they both passed. (how, I don't know)

Can you just use a different hdd and install Windows to that as opposed to using one of your RAIDed drives?

I'm assuming the 320GB's are SATA yes?

Yeah. I'm afraid I don't have any spare drives.

It seems though if its the RAID causing this (it could very well be). Its worse off having it...

I'll be parting now though. Work tommrorow and I'm well tired.
Thanks for the help

No worries mate, I know it's been a pain so far but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

;)

Cya when you get back with any updates.

have you thought about replacing any of your hardware? its a desktop right?

Yeah, but I can't take it back to the shop without knowing whats wrong. If nothing turns out wrong with it, I have to pay, and simply get the part back.

I've done loads of tests over the past few days.

Even downloaded Ram Probe, which is a newer version of memtest, and it ran for 8 hours (Passed like 24 tests), no problems. (Seems memory is fine since I upped the voltage and set to default timings, so I'm sure the 2 1GB sticks are fine)

I did Long Tests on the hard drives using Seagate tools again too, and they both passed with flying colours.

So, it must be something to do with how the hard drives are connected up, and working together within Windows, causing the issues...

Is it right that when running RAID, I should be running each drive in a seperate SATA connector? I'm guessing so, in which case, I'm right, not running them as Master and Slave.

Anyhow, Everest still continues to go red, and stop the tests after around a minute to 3.

Okay, what just happened?

I closed down Firefox because an error appeared.

I re-loaded it, and the loader icon that usually then goes to allow the program to load, kept flashing rapidly. I only double clicked the once.

Next thing I know, tonnes and tonnes of the buggers are opening, and I couldn't stop it.

They were still loading up 2 minutes later, and I was forced to reset.

Damn thing is, it had just finished verifiying the RAID 1, which had took ages and now its back at 0% again, because a fault occured. ARRGHH!!!

Back
Top Bottom