Symbol Book Scanner - School

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Sy girlfriends dad works at a school. He has a scanner that scans barcodes, bare with me here, don't have much information.

The school bought a "Text Book management", not completely sure if it's a program or what, but it came with a scanner. He tells me that you can print out a pdf form (lol) or some bar codes and you put two on each book. One has a ID number (I think that's what he said) and one as a number saying which book it is (this is book one, this is book two.. ect.) You scan for inventory at the end of the year.

It's a USB Scanner so you have to have it connected to a laptop or a computer. He said he puts his lappy on a roll cart and does it that way.

He is wondering if there is any way that you scan computer serial numbers, monitor, and printor numbers with it/ their UPC. They just built a new school so it's a lot of them and he doesn't want to write it all manually. would take years :p

Ok, so here it is I believe. He said it's USB, it looks like this, and it's black. And he said he thinks it's "Symbol".

This fits the criteria.

http://barcodesupplies.com/?manufac...&match_type=&gclid=CPSo1sXSi5QCFQVvFQod1TDtWg

Any Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom