switching inputs on monitor?

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright I have a Samsung Syncmaster 245B Monitor. I have my computer connected via the DVI port and my Xbox360 attached via the VGA port. Now when I turn on the monitor it automatically displays the computer. I want to be able to switch between the two if possible. Currently I am just disconnecting the DVI port so that it only has the VGA to read. Anyone know if I can just select which one to display?

See if there's a button with an arrow shaped like the one you see on the return key. I have a SyncMaster 940BW and when I hit it it switches over to analog. (I run DVI)

i think you mess with the menu on the monitor.
Thats what i have to do.

See if there's a button with an arrow shaped like the one you see on the return key. I have a SyncMaster 940BW and when I hit it it switches over to analog. (I run DVI)

Wow it was like it was so easy now that you say it lol. Thanks man thats exactly what I needed. It works perfectly. Now I keep playing with it and think its the coolest thing in the world lol.

Nice. I've plugged my friend's 360 into my monitor before, and even though it runs 1280x720 (my native is 1680x1050) it's still unbelievably sharp and amazing looking.

I have an Acer and do this as well. For me, I just go through the menu to change connections. Kind of annoying, but my KVM doesn't use DVI and I want to use DVI for my main system. Dunno if yours changes though the menu or at the press of a button though.

It changes with just 1 push of a button. Also it should run 1920x1080 on the monitor.

Right now I have both connected and can just hit a button to switch between the 2. It is very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom