SupremeFX X-FI

Dieter

Baseband Member
My friend gave me a SupremeFX X-FI that came on his Rampage 2 Mobo. He bought a new video card so there was nothing wrong with it. When I plug it into my computer the blue logo lights up but my computer doesn't recognize it at all. I can't find any drivers for it either. Any help? My computer specs are in my sig with the exception of my OS I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

AFAIK, the card he gave you was just the extension card for his board, housing the connectors, and not the actual sound card. That's what I can believe.

Apparently from what I've been reading, the X-FI functionality is software only. There is no dedicated X-FI chip, so it can't really be considered as a true X-FI card.
It runs off Soundmax drivers.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=Rampage II Extreme&os=29&SLanguage=en-us

Try downloading the drivers from the Audio section. I don't know if your Windows would be 32bit or 64bit, but you can choose that from the drop down

I hope this solves the issue.

*EDIT*
It is meant to be a replacement for an on-board chip, but as a riser instead. So it should offer sound functionality. That I'm not 100% certain of however

Hmm but you may be right. It's meant to go into the black slot on the Asus motherboard, so it may only work with that specific make of motherboard

That didnt work but what yall are saying about ti not being a real sound card makes sense, no harm in trying though haha. Thanks for the quick responses.

Normally, you would have had a notification about having the card recognized. Looks like I can confirm what I believed. Smart move ASUS...sucks hard...

Back
Top Bottom