Suitable Motherboards For Two Cases

BK_123

Golden Master
So I've got two new cases out of a heap of computer stuff I got and instead of throwing them away I want to rebuild them. I want suggestions of suitable motherboards for them.

Case 1 is an Antec but I don't know the model
119z054.jpg

282nji0.jpg

Case 2 I have no idea of a brand but has a PSU which will be going.

5pk9d3.jpg

10ntf7l.jpg

Actually, any ATX motherboard should fit on these cases. Cases have standards for mobos and from the looks of these, they are ATX cases.

Most likely, any mobo you will look for will be ATX. Have a look at this:
VIA_Mini-ITX_Form_Factor_Comparison.jpg

To be on the safe side, just make sure from the source that it is Standard-ATX mobo.

All cases I've come across supported micro-ATX mobos as well, but not sure if it comes by default.

They both look to be standard ATX. My brother & I are going to be doing a budget build which will mean going the AMD route..

Judging by the screw wholes distribution, I could say it supports micro ATX as well. That would be cheaper. Good if not many cards are needed. You can borrow any junk mobo from any store to make sure, if you're interested.

Just yesterday I finished preparing a side build (along side 2 other builds) with some leftover parts including a GTX 480. It is mainly for emulators to be played with old gameport MS Sidewinder 6-button gamepads. Only WinXP latest supports it.

Had to get a PSU, case and a mobo only. No optical drive is needed.

That white case looks pretty nice in comparison to the black one.. good luck with the build keep us posted. :thumb:

If you're on a budget I'd also suggest a APU cpu, I've built a few, had great feedback, because I build cheap awsome computers and it's a wise idea if you're on a budget, most mobo's will fit them cases, wouldn't worry to much about that.

Was wondering, totally forgot to ask what budget are you doing this on if you don't mind me asking

I see the list is better described as mid-range components.

For a tight budget, some of them can be replaced.

but it depends, really.

Back
Top Bottom