Suggestions for a new graphics card.

miggins

Beta member
Hi,
wonder if any of you can suggest the best appropriate value for money graphics card?
I am using ASUS P55 MB, Intel Core i5 - 750 (o/c at 3.6 GHz.) Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 4GB (2x 2 GB) Kingston HyperX DDR 3 @ 1600Mhz.

I use it mainly for that darned processor burning FSX - which is currently the power eater, I get good results with most "modern" games, just FSX seems to slow me down.

I currently use a pretty slow Asus/Nvidea EN9400GT, I would be happy to stick with an ASUS product as well as Nvidea...but all suggestions are welcome.

I am expecting I will need to upgrade my PSU, and have a couple in mind, but any assistance/experience with graphics cards and FSX would be mighty handy!

Thanks.

Thanks for that VINMAN46, it looks like I might go for your suggestion on the graphics card, I cannot get a hold of Antec where I am, and importing attracts 300% duty on some of this stuff.

The Radeon looks quite good value.

Do you think it would make a big performance increase on FSX?

ya for flight simulators
you could go with either graphics card and see a significant increase in fps but the ATI is the better card between the two however i would go with the NVidia as i my self am a dedicated NVidia fan

Back
Top Bottom