suggestions

dev893

In Runtime
Now I already have a planned build but I was wondering what you guys would suggest I am currently using the AMD FM2/FM2+ socket but I've heard the low Cache can have an impact on the performance so I'm wanting a CPU and motherboard combo and maybe more memory. I don't want the price to exceed $350 USD and the CPU does have to be unlocked and the memory (if also replaced) must be overclock friendly as well. I'm just wondering what you guys would suggest just so you guys know my current specs are

CPU: AMD A6-5400k@ 4.3ghz

RAM: 4gb (2x2gb) G.SKILL ECO DDR3 1600mhz @ 1866mhz

Motherboard: ASrock FM2A55M-VG3+I'm already dead set on a video card so I'd prefer a processor that doesn't have integrated graphics

the only issue with the A10 is it has integrated graphics I am trying to get away from that also the A10 is still on the FM2 socket

My last build was about two to three years ago and during the time I looked I didn't find any boards without integrated video. Of course I wasn't looking for a board without it and have only casually looked since. You might be able to find it without integrated video but it is going to be fairly hard to do so. You can always turn the on board video off though and the sound too if you want to. In my opinion the manufacturers did that as a matter of convenience to the customer.

My last build was about two to three years ago and during the time I looked I didn't find any boards without integrated video. Of course I wasn't looking for a board without it and have only casually looked since. You might be able to find it without integrated video but it is going to be fairly hard to do so. You can always turn the on board video off though and the sound too if you want to. In my opinion the manufacturers did that as a matter of convenience to the customer.
With AMD the board doesn't have integrated graphics the CPU does

With AMD the board doesn't have integrated graphics the CPU does

Well with an AMD graphics card you can run hybrid crossfire. And I didn't know you wanted to get away from APU's. I thought you wanted to stay with that platform.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX - Newegg.com

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

This would really be an upgrade. One of AMD's best motherboard options (990FX) with a solid CPU. Let me know if you want me to give you an intel option at this price point.

Back
Top Bottom