Stupid error message!!

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
Whenever i play a game and i have to alt-tab out sometimes or w/e, my screen goes black for a sec and i get this error message. sometimes when i dont al-tab out, i get this error message. I never had this problem before when playing games until recently. The colors get all messed up too. How can i fix this?

Windows XP SP2
Pentium 4 w/ HT 2.6GHz
512 RAM
Intel 82865G Graphics Controller

1. right click on my computer
2. click properites
3. click hardware tab
4. click device manager
5. right click on your video card
6. click update drivers
7. use your cd for drivers.

I hope this clears it up for you

Hey i tried that, but i still got the error message. I would play a game and i alt-tab to look at a guide and all on the web. This never happened b4 when i played this game in the past few months. Is my video card dying or what? I really what to get this fixed cuz it seems to be happening more and more and i hate having to manually tunr off my PC and losing my place in the game.

i dk, how can i find out? if it is, this is the 1st time its overheating in the 3 years i had this computer. . . .

Chips tend to overheat when there is not sufficient Thremal paste. Back three years ago, it had enough. But now, it does not. Buy some and put it on the GPU. For this:

Remove Video card Heatsink
Wipe off paste.
Apply new paste (A SIZE OF A RICE GRAIN IS ENOUGH)
Reseat heatsink.
Start PC and try.

Thermal paste conducts the heat to the heatsink, who takes it away. If not well applied, it could overheat.

well c, theres a problem, i dont have a video CARD in a slot persay, its an intergrated card. It sux, but yeah, so i cant exactly take it out since its built in my comp.

Try updating your graphics card drivers

Also, make sure you are running DirectX9.0c You can get this via the Windows update site

Back
Top Bottom