Streaming video.

Rmp5s

In Runtime
I like to use my Compaq Presario 2100 to watch streaming vids, but recently it hasn't been working very well. It'll buffer, play for a second, stop, buffer, play for a second, stop, buffer, play for a second, stop...and so on...sometimes playing audio while the video isn't even moving. I don't know why it does this cuz it used to work great. I have cable internet with a wireless router (connects at 54 Mbps), so I know it's not a matter of bandwidth. What can I do to make it work better?

54mbps isn't that fast to tell the truth, though it should be able to run online video.

If you open Windows Media Player, or whatever program it doesn't stream with and go into Options, there might be settings that might have been changed, liek for example in Windows Media Player, its in the Performance tab of Options.

Try setting it to default if it isn't already, or tell it to buffer a certain amount of seconds (it downloads as it buffers), and check the connection speed.

I hope this helps :)

What is the speed for the Cable Internet? It cannot be 54Mbps... that must be the Network speed for the Router Connection.

You connection to the Internet will be what defines how you stream.

I know 54 isn't real fast, but it's a hell of a lot faster than dial up and is plenty for me and plenty to stream video. I only get 54 over the wireless connection. If I go plug into the router, I get twice that, but I prefer my mobility.

I'll look at the WMP settings. Thanks, guys.

Now I know you're talking about the Network Connectivity :p Through Ethernet it will be 100Mbps, Wireless with vary.

Again though, with that knowledge, you Internet Connection is a different speed, and certainly not 54Mbps. You're getting it and Network Connection to your Router mix-muddled up. We can't really tell you if you should or should not get slowly streamed Video if we don't know your Internet Connection Speed.

Did you change your Internet Provider before it went funny? Or install a new Windows Media Player? Or tune up some performance specs based on an Internet Connection of 54Mbps?

Back
Top Bottom