Strange sound when turning off my PC

Sorry to take so long. That system has some age on it and finding the service manual took A little hunting.
That comes stock with a 350 watt power supply and with all the goodies that comes on that setup, I'm leaning more now toward you're over loading the power supply.
Problem here is an aftermarket power supply may not fit your case. Do some measuring and see how much clearance you have behind the current psu and side to side.
Sounds like your baby need an electronic B12 shot.

Sorry to take so long. That system has some age on it and finding the service manual took A little hunting.
That comes stock with a 350 watt power supply and with all the goodies that comes on that setup, I'm leaning more now toward you're over loading the power supply.
Problem here is an aftermarket power supply may not fit your case. Do some measuring and see how much clearance you have behind the current psu and side to side.
Sounds like your baby need an electronic B12 shot.
Are you telling me that I have to buy another power supply?

A GeForce 8500 GT requires you to have a 350 Watt power supply unit with at least 22 Amps available on the 12 volts rail.
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 260 graphics card NVIDIA recommends a power supply with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 36 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

I'd think that you're cooking your power supply. Ask HP if the have a higher output power supply for that model.

A GeForce 8500 GT requires you to have a 350 Watt power supply unit with at least 22 Amps available on the 12 volts rail.
For a system using a single GeForce GTX 260 graphics card NVIDIA recommends a power supply with a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 36 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

I'd think that you're cooking your power supply. Ask HP if the have a higher output power supply for that model.

My graphic card doesn't have any plugs on it! It is better than I just buy a power supply rather than contacting HP?

1. Try to replicate the problem.
2. Document steps/scenario producing problem.
3. Try to determine the source of the noise.
4. Take a picture of that part.
5. Post back.

:)

Back
Top Bottom