strange booting problem

racincc84

Baseband Member
I just installed a silicon image ultra ata ide controller card. Hooked to this controller card i have a cd rom drive as the master and a hard drive as the slave. On my motherboard's primary ide channel i have my main hard drive with my OS (windows xp) set as master and another hard drive as slave. On the motherboard's secondary ide channel i have two cd rom drives, with the proper respective jumper settings. My problem is that after installing the ide controller card, the only thing i get when trying to boot my system is "Cannot boot from CD, insert system disk and press enter." I checked the bios settings and made sure the system was set to boot from the hard drive with the OS on it, and even turned off the option to boot from the CDROM, but I am still getting the same message and unable to boot without using the win XP cd. Removing the hard drive and cd rom drive from the controller card but leaving the card installed fixes the problem and i can boot from my proper hard drive. The hard drive on the controller card has been formatted. I am clueless and very frustrated with this....any ideas? Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom