Steam question

okay on my pc i have vista 32 bit I have steam installed to my 2nd 500Gb hardrive I partitioned my first 500Gb HDD and I am going to install vista 64 bit to that 2nd partition I want to run steam in 64 bit obviously the 2nd hardrive is still their but am i going to be able to run steam in 64 bit like my account wont get messed up or anything like they wont think 2 different people are trying to get on the same account even though its still me? Anyone catch what im trying to say?

You should be able to log right in to see the main files downloaded provided you get the Steam engine running first on the 64bit edition. Problems are seen if you reformat a drive and go to reinstall the games themselves were you may end up not being able to log onto an existing account.

Talk about "foobar Steam" the HL2 Orange Box saw that problem when the Vista drive here was reformatted no longer being able to reinstall that seeing the duplicate cd key error. Steam never replied to the support request on that. That was the second OB since when trying to setup a second account for the first OBox it activated immediately to the existing HL2 original account where Steam reset the password making that account unusable.

Think that was bad? The game Bioshock was installed on the 7 beta but wouldn't later install on Vista. Toss the game dvd on August 1st when the beta expires! Don't you love the activate once and once only with no options when dual booting? :mad: GGrrr... #wtf$$ !!! :rolleyes:

The last time I was able to see a second install of Steam was right after Vista came out and I started dual booting with XP right off. That's when I wanted to see which things would run at the time. With the same account and same disk that worked then.

It was later when buying the Orange Box and trying to see that removed from the first account they went ahead and changed the login info seeing an auto email with "worthless" password reset information on that. I should mail the disk back to them in pieces demanding a refund! :p

Back
Top Bottom