start up issue

xstreme250

Solid State Member
when i turn my computer on it goes to this screen.
phoenix rom bios
plus version 1.10 ao5
copyright 1985-1988
pheonix tech ltd
copyright 1990-2003
dell comp corp
all rights reserved
dell system dimension system 2400
bios version a05
www.dell.com
disk drive 0 seek failure
primary drive 1 not found
secondary drive 1 not found
strike f1 key to continue
f2 key to run set up utility

now on to what i don to get this problem. i had a drive from a broke computer. i disconnected my existing hard drive and connected the other drive.when done i connected my existing hard drive.now i get the screen listed at top of this page every time i turn on my computer.it dont effect the computer in any way.just want to know why i am getting this screen.what do i need to do to fix this problem. sothe computer will start up the same as it did before?

you might need some kind of drivers for the hard drive. do you get this error if you take the hard drive that you got from the broken pc out?

make sure that one hhd is set to master and one is set to slave, via the jumpers on the back off the hhd.

there should be a pic of the diagram jumper setup ontop of the hhd.

also try going to the bios setup, and make sure the boot menu is set to boot like this:

1st boot -cd rom drive
2nd boot- hhd primary
3rd boot -hhd if you have a duel boot system of one OS on one hhd. and another OS on the other hhd.

to get to the boot menu screen at startup, just tap the ESC key at startup, right after your computer logo dissapears.

if you miss it, just clear + alt + del, and try again.

when it comes up, just scroll down to what you want to boot.

maybe the hdd out of the broken pc is broken and thats y is doing that
try to boot up the computer with out the hdd out of the broken pc

Chris

Back
Top Bottom