Splitting problem

Hmm I'd assume there must have been though if you are splitting the connection towards another pc as well, you are going to recieve major slowdowns on the internet.
Especailly if you have something like 28k. If you have something like 56k and split it, you'd get back on each PC about the same as having a 28k I would think.

But I do think its possible and has been done. Not sure where you could get one from though, and it depends on your internet service provider

Hope this helps

splitter

isnt it possible to use a crossover cable (cat5) and have a small network and share the internet connection

MSI kt3 ultra motherboard AMD 3000+ barton core cpu 2.17 GHZTHERMATAKE 3400 AMD FAN/(extra cool) 256 L1 CACHE 512 L2 CACHE 1 GIG DDR RAM 2700 Mhz MEMORY 2.5 clATI RADEON 7200 SE GRAPHICS (NOT THE BEST BUT NOT BAD) WIFI NETGEAR ADAPTER REALTEK NETWORK CARD REALTEK AC 97 5.1 SOUND SURROUND 6 X USB 2.0 1X FIREWIRE ON D BRACKET 1 X 7200RPM 80 MAXTOR DIAMOND PLUS 9 HARD DRIVERUNNING 2 X XP HOME 1 X XP PRO1 x 40 DIAMOND PLUS 9 7200 RPM BACKUP DRIVES 1 X CD RW/DVD ROM 1 X DVDRW MULTI DRIVE 1 X FLOPPY 1 X 12 IN 1 CARD READER2 MB WIRLESS BROADBAND

it's basically an ethernet cable that has a different wiring..i'm pretty sure. But you could do that but it's the same as splitting because the main computer would be acting as a server which would do much for the speed.

Yeah, that seems like a good way... though like I said, expect it to run much slower, well when you have both connected.

Back
Top Bottom