Speed Fan question

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
What are all the temps for? I know HD0 is for the hard drive, but what is temp 1 and 2. I want to know what is giving me 53C. I touched the processor heatsink all around and it's pretty cool overall. The other heatsink on the mobo (forgot what it was called) is warm, but not hot... Processor is a P4 Prescott 2.8GHz (different system than my sig), no overclocking done.

sfsr2.jpg

I opened up the case and just blew a box fan in it and it didn't really affect temp 2.

Just the one on the processor heatsink. I would put one on the case, but I have no more extra fans at the moment.

EDIT: I'm thinking if that's the processor temp that's high, I'll probably just get some arctic silver 5 and put it on there, along with another fan on the case.

Put your processor under load. Then, the temperature that changes the most is the processor temperature. The other one must be some sort of motherboard sensor.

edit: 500th!

I just tried Super Pi to put load on the processor, and it was temp 2 that went up the most. Under no load it's fairly steady at 50-54C, it went up to over 60C under load. Guess I need some AS5, might get another HS/fan since what I have is a stock eMachines one pulled from a dead system.

Try CoreTemp. The only temperature it will display is of the CPU. I would advise you stay away from version 0.95, it's known to cause crashes.

Back
Top Bottom