spec

rhys169

Beta member
hey guys r am currently making my self go made with all the types of hardware optinos out there but i finally reached thisprocessor= AMD phenom 2 64x2 1075T=13500
graph card= Nvidia GeForce 9800GT=8000
ram=6gb.corsair 6gb 1600mhz=7850
motherboard= gigabyte GA-880=5000
hard drive= western dirgitals=5000
DVD RW= sony=1065
sound card= creative blaster=1070
OS= windows 7 home premium 64-bit=7800
moniter=benq 22" full hd=8400
is that good enuf?

Hi there,

Just a point, try to make it slightly easier to read what you have put, somethings are a little hard to decipher!

First of all, when you say ''Is that good enough?'', what are you planning to do? Then we can gauge wether or not the computer will be up to the job.

Also what is your budget? We might be able to supply you with potentially better bits / or other opinions on a way forward.

Thirdly, I take it the numbers at the end of each are the price? Try to use a decimal point, Eg $135.00 or £120.00. (and also where you are based - so we can work out your currency, and what websites we can get parts from)

Apologies in advance if I sound Demeaning in anyway shape or form! Let us know.

see i generally need a gaming comp.. sorry if i talk in code. i am currently in india and the local currency is ruppes. i got all the information form a site that tests computer spec and put in information and finally arrived at this.. my budget is make it as cheap as possible. this config i put up is roughly 60k in india around 1000 pounds.

No problems, thanks for the info.

OK so firstly the budget. 60k rupees is (ROUGHLY) $1300 USD or £840 GBP. You can get a pretty good gaming rig for that, including a monitor, with a little bit of change perhaps!

The items that you put up are all pretty good.

The processor I think you mentioned is the Phenom II X 6 1075T. Its got 6 cores, and is 3.0GHZ stock speed. Its pretty cutting edge, and will give you a good platform for all / most games, and could be overclocked nicely.

The Graphics card should also be fine 512MB, is plenty enough to get some decent gaming, although an upgrade to a 1024MB card would be good - but probably add a fair bit to the budget (could be upgraded in the future) - have heard some decent things about the 9800GT ranges (although overall I dont know masses about graphics cards sorry :S)

6GB of RAM should be fine for a gaming rig (as long as you have 4GB minimum you should have pretty good performance), just try to stick the DDR3 type of RAM (latest type) as this will benefit you most. DDR2 wouldnt be the end of the world, but price wise now its not going to make too much difference to put DDR3 RAM into your system.

The motherboard is the only drawback as such. Although it does everything it needs you to do. (Supports AM3 Processor types, like the newer Phenoms, It supports DDR3 Memory (Upto 16GB of 1,866MHZ RAM if you ever wanted to upgrade in the future), you cant really put 2 GPU's (Graphic cards) in there, BUT dont let that bother you, as one should be / is fine for most gamers, unless you want to go insane. Its a decent budget board to be honest.

On a side note, Try and get the Black Western Digital Drives, if your budget stretches to that, or you get the option (they run at 7200RPM).. They will give you that little bit of extra performance again in your rig.

Everything else you have found is standard, and is fine. I have tried to break down things, and explain for you, if you want more info, just ask.

I dont know about ordering in India at all, sorry. All your bits look fine and compatible. The only general tip is try to buy it all at once / from the same place, and shop around to get the best deals, this will save Postage and packaging, Delivery costs, and they might knock some off if you can get them on the phone. I wont be on in 20 minutes otr so :S

so the general spec i have pick is good for games like mw2 right?
i dont hink ill be able to get the black western digital drive in india,can u give me another choice os the normal western digital drive just fine? oh and the numbers next to all the components that i have listed out is the price of each opponent.

i dont hink ill be able to get the black western digital drive in india,can u give me another choice os the normal western digital drive just fine? oh and the numbers next to all the components that i have listed out is the price of each opponent.

Yeah, generally, the computer should handle the games pretty well. Its fine, if you cant get the black. Western Digital is generally a good brand of Hard Drive, and most of them will do you a job.

I figured the numbers out :)

Back
Top Bottom