Speaker Configurations

volcomssj48

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, if you're like me, then you're the type that is really into computers and technology but often on a budget as well.

I have an ok computer, not the best, but good enough for me.

My computer (a Dell) came with 2 Harman/Kardon speakers, which is allright for a few beeps and whatnot; it's not that great for music or games so I've been looking for a better solution.

OK, so I have 2 H/K speakers, but I also have extra an 2.1 speaker set, and my question is, Is it possible to hook that up to my computer too?

I've seen those "headphone splitter" things at places like RadioShack, and etc.
I'm guessing I could use those, but it wouldn't actually be considered a 4.1 speaker solution would it?

Also, would the sound quality suffer because of this?

If all this IS possible, what type of sound card would I need? I'm guessing the integrated sound won't be able to handle it, but I have an old Creative SoundBlaster PCI 128 card (very old) which I think might be able to handle 2 speaker sets.

Can anyone clarify on this? Your help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

sound card i just bought has connections for front and rear speakers.

its not a 5.1 card as it doesnt have centre. so i guess youd just plug the better set of seakers in as front and then the other ones as rear.

if your in the uk, itll be going on ebay next week! once my new motherboard comes!

(on side.. new mobo is MSI K8N Diamond SLI - nForce4 SLI, Creative Audio built in!)

i think a lot of sound cards have cnnections for front and rear! just have a look about!

Back
Top Bottom