Space

daveshow

Solid State Member
How can I free up space on my hard drive? I have tried to uninstall some things but it doesnt seem to be freeing space up. I had 27gb space to begin with and my games and music dont take up more than 5gb atmost and i only have 1.9GB left.

Dave

Have you got a virus scan on there? There are viruses that slowly take up harddrive space.

Also, if you frequently install and unintall things, you can get errors on your drive causing space to just disappear. Once again, some virus scan would pick that up, I'd suspect...

Have u tryed disk cleanup and deleting all your temp files, once i had so many they took up loads of space.

Hmmmm....If your missing so much space, you could just reformat....
Also, i think system restore takes up a lot.....

I think you've hit the nail on the head :) Its probally system restore. Could you tell me how to fix that so i have space?

This is just for XP-
Select Start, then Control Panel and double-click the System icon. Then click on the System Restore tab on the dialog box. Depending on your disk setup, do the following:

• Single partition: Adjust the space system restore uses on the disk by moving the slider left to decrease space usage, or right to increase space usage. The default maximum space usage is 12%.

• Multiple partitions or multiple disks: Click on the drive you want to adjust in the available drives section on the System Restore page and then click the settings option. You can then adjust the space system restore uses on that drive by moving the slider to the left to decrease space usage, or right to increase space usage. The default maximum space usage is 12%. Repeat for each drive as necessary.

This is for ME-

go to start/settings/control panel/system/performance tab/file system
and slide the slider.....

If you want to completely turn of system restore in windows ME

start/settings/control panel/system/performance tab/file system/troubleshooting

and select "turn of system restore"

Back
Top Bottom