sound issues after format

compjake

Baseband Member
Hello, I reformatted my computer 2 days ago after getting a ton of viruses (don't ask how, I don't know lol) and now my sound stops working at random times, If I reboot the sound is working again.

For those of you who think your funny, yes my speakers ARE plugged in and I did double check.

I have no idea why this is happening, I have looked all over Google and all I ever see is people saying to update your drivers, I cant update them. Theres nothing to update to, I downloaded the newest ones available 2 days ago after installing windows.

If you have any suggestions please let me know!

My system specifications:

ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (socket 939)
Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II (Liquid Cooling Kit)
1.50Gb Ram (2x512mb 2x256mb PC3200)
E-VGA Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (AGP)
500Watt COOLER MASTER power supply
160Gb Seagate (SATA2)
40Gb Seagate (IDE)
40Gb Western Digital (IDE)
All-In-One VANTEC Card Reader
LG DVD Burner (I don't have model number handy)

I forgot to mention (and I couldn't edit) I do over clock but my system is at default clock speeds currently

Ok :) Have you tryed running dxdiag.exe and do the test on the sound make sure theres nothing dodgie about the speakers themselfs.

No I haven't but if it was something with the speakers them selfs why has it only been doing it since I reinstalled windows?

the drivers need to be reinstalled, you didn't have a clean install so you lost the drivers. Right click My computer hardware, and ddevice manager. Then you should see lots of yellow exclamation marks next to the hardware. If not go to Run... dxdiag and click the tab for sound and test the sound card for any errors.

The only exclamation marks I have are for my game pad and web cam, but i haven't installed the drivers for them yet so I knew about them already.

dxdiag reports no errors.

wierd install the latest drivers for the sound card and see what happens.Maybe the speakers are screwed try some other ones. Hope that helps.

If you would have read my original post all the way you would know I already have the latest drivers installed.

Its not my speakers, when the sound stops working if i double click on the sound icon in my system tray it tells me I have no sound devices installed.

Back
Top Bottom