Sound... Healp again

Vaisey

Baseband Member
Well i had some onbaord sound problems after i had reformatted and didnt have my motherboard driver cd anyway, i got my computer to actually find that my hardwar is working but i still cant play sound any ideas?

heres a picture of sound and audio device properties

sound12dr.jpg

theres no other options for the sound.. before i installed the drivers it didnt have any options and wouldnt let me click on anything

If u wanna talk to me might be easier, add my on mystic_bar_of_soap@Hotmail.com

THANKS

I bet you need the realtek AC97 audio codec, you can download it i think, i'm pretty sure that's the problem.

i dled it doesnt do nothing, im dling driver i dunno what to do its really pi**ing me off

I don't know what the problem could be, but I would'n't have started off another thread on the same subject.

Have you from that image gone into Volume, and checked levels are correct, and not muted?

Have you tried plugging speakers in?

The fact that its displaying something and isn't blanked out, prooves that the drivers are working.

To check if theres any conflict though, go to the Control Panel and go to System, and then go to the Hardware tab, and hit the button marked 'Device Manager'. Check that under the sound devices, there isn't now a question mark, or some kind of error. If all's okay, it seems to have worked, and the reason for sound not being there is something else entirely.

i dont think that the drivers are installed right for some reason, because when it said insert cd or what not, i clicked something then it came up with the file i needed i gave the route to the file then i got another error saying couldnt find "soundman.exe" i found that and it completed the installation

Back
Top Bottom