Sound in Half life 2

ACES WILD

Daemon Poster
Whenever I go to play halflife 2, i can hear the sound for the opening things like valve, but when I get to the menu screen I cant hear a thing, even if I turn them all the way up. I have the logitech Z-340 5.1 soround sound system. I couldnt hear anything for a while, so i tried unclicking the matrix button on my speakers and boom the sound came on. but when you have matrix not pressed in you only get sound out of the center and the sub. does this sound like a speaker problem or sound card? Ive got onboard 6 channel sound, and I can get 5.1 in all my other games, Ut 2k4, painkiller, farcry, etc..... If it helps I update my drivers montlhy on everything so my drivers are up to date.

Hi,

This happened to me too.

Check to see if the game in Options for sound is not selected to have something more than you have (6.1 for example or even 2 speakers if the surround is on).

If that isn't the prob, I found it was because in the Control Panel on the computer, and in the options for the sound card; they were not set for surround... so no sound came out when I tried to select surround in the game. But that can't be the problem if other games work...

It definetly won't be the game, or your speakers that are at fault. Just see what it is set to in the options menu

Hope this helps :)
*KaGe*

tried

I tried that, I set my speaker config in HL2 to 5.1 and nothing happened,
the matrix thing still hapened. but in hl2 when i put my speaker config to two speakers it did come through all 5 of my speakers, but it was all crackally and distorted.
hmmm....
i was planning on getting new soundcard soon anyway hopefully that will fix it....

Back
Top Bottom