Sound card options?

jbranum

Baseband Member
I have no idea where to go with this, so I'm just gonna ask the pros. I'm looking for an audio card, that isnt crazy or amazing. I play online games mostly, and listen to music. I have sennheiser headphones and creative labs 2.1 speakers. I'm not looking for the X-FI Platinum edition and I'd also like something that isnt bottom of the barrel. Any ideas?

i have OK sound card, but theres 1 wierd thing, when i plug in my Electric woofers the sound is really low, so are my good speakers, so i guess my sound cards brokkkkeedd!!
Although my mum probably popped em, she pops everything, she popped her car speakers too, she always has it up REALLLLYYY loud!

I would say the Audigy 2 ZS is a good card for you. It's a middle of the road card.

I looked it up, and all I could find was the platinum edition, aka 180 bucks. That isn't middle of the road to me...maybe you can link me to the one you were thinking about? I'm hoping to spend less than 80 or so. I will be buying a second 7600gt + sound card in about a week, so I dont wanna spend over 200 total.

The x-fi card looked good, but the cheapest one i found was 90 bucks, with no rebates, the "Xtremegamer"....

jbranum said:
I looked it up, and all I could find was the platinum edition, aka 180 bucks. That isn't middle of the road to me...maybe you can link me to the one you were thinking about? I'm hoping to spend less than 80 or so. I will be buying a second 7600gt + sound card in about a week, so I dont wanna spend over 200 total.

The x-fi card looked good, but the cheapest one i found was 90 bucks, with no rebates, the "Xtremegamer"....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102004

An okay card if you want to go cheaper than that
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102002

well i like both, what would the 50 dollar difference really get me on the first card? I understand the general "quality" aspect, but not if they are from the same company, at least not 50 bucks worth. I see "SPDIF" as an option that the others don't ahve, but I dont know if that would be anything worth paying for. Lemme know.

Did you read what the reviews on the second card said? "For 35 bucks how can you go wrong"

I personally have a lower card than that, a SB Live! and it is excellent.

Look at it this way, it's a 7.1 card and 24 bit sound. Sound Blaster cards are excellent and I think you'll be happy with whatever you get.

Back
Top Bottom