Sound Card Choice

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
what sound card should I get between these two? The Audigy 2 ZS or X-Fi Music Xtreme? I want to replace my Audigy LS because it does not function right with some games such as Half-life 2 or Halo and may cause games such as these to crash. Pretty much games that have outside environments with reverb and enviromental effects. I'm thinking about just going with the Audigy 2 ZS because I have been hearing alot of problems with the X-Fi cards have electro wave interference and several other issues. Please give me suggestions on what I should purchase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I am also curious to this question. How do the cards rate from first to last: X-fi, Audigy 4, Audigy 2?

(I dont mean to Hijack this thread, just trying to get more responses)

I have a x-fi and I think its awesome. I havent had any problems with it. Also because its a newer card it is able to use higher sound qualities on newer games.

I don't know where you got that info on sound cards getting electormagentic interference. Sounds too far fetched. Electromagnetic interference usually don't occur on sound cards, but from the speakers. Powerful 5.1 PC speakers like the Logitech Z-5500's can emit a high concentration of electromagnetic waves we can't see. That is why there are warnings that come with it to set it at least 2-3 feel away from all electronic device. Sound card like the X-Fi will not produce enough power to even come close to electronic disturbance as speakers do.

With that in mind, get the X-Fi chipset. They are currently the best and the newest. Audigy 2 ZS are good too, but it's an older chipset.

Back
Top Bottom