Some really strange things on my com! Need help!

adam3112

Baseband Member
Tonight i was just about to access a folder in my documents & settings folder when i suddenly noticed a faded folder called "Default user" which i haven't noticed or believe have had seen before.
strange1.jpg

notice how the folder is displayed as hidden? :confused: I decided that as i have never seen this folder before i was curious as what might be inside it, and so here is what i found!

Strange2.jpg

Not a lot inside it really but i have not created this folder myself, and no one but myself uses this computer. So i then wanted to see the folder details and this is what i found.

strange3.jpg

Created 10th August 2004 WTF!!! I Purchased this com brand new in Oct 2006 so how the hell does a folder from 2004 get into my hard drive??? Really confused and somewhat worried that someone has access to my computer.... can anyone explain all this to me and why i have this folder??

You shouldn't worry about it. All user profiles begin as a copy of Default User. I that very same folder on my computer. The date created probably refers to when the OS was originally installed on your computer. If it's a prebuilt such as a Dell or Gateway, the OS install may have been an image of one done back in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom