some questions about my new pc

eftapsixos

Beta member
hallo everyone im building a new pc and i have some questions..

i havent bought a monitor but i have a 3d samsung 55" model is d8000,will i have any problems connecting the pc with the tv with hdmi??my card is asus matrix 7970 platinum 3gb
i also have an old creative t7900 7.1 speaker system to connect to pc,will i need a sound card or the onboard will do just fine.motherboard is asus formula-z.
in case i want to buy new speakers in the future what should i get pc speakers or some more expensive tv speakers??for movies-games on the pc/ps3..im thinking more for the pc since the ps3 graphics will be old compared to pc but ill still use the tv as monitor (dont know if the tv speakers can connect to the pc somehow)
thanks in advance

Hello, and welcome.

The ASUS 7970 shouldn't have any problems connecting to the 3D TV, and using the AMD HD3D Technology you should also be able to benefit from the 3D availability. However you will need a high quality HDMI cable, or use a Dual Link DVI cable. AMD HD3D Technology

On-board sound is actually pretty good now, a motherboard is no longer just connecting everything it contains WiFi, sound and some extra processing and overclock ability's. If you have room in your budget for a sound card, you will get better results. (The Creative Sound Blaster Is Really good and comes with mic too)

Generally 'Gaming Speaker' mean 'Crap Speakers', company's hope by rating the gaming it gets them sales no matter what quality. When choosing speakers don't restrict your self on type; Sound Bars, 5.1 systems, Gaming speakers do the research. Personally i ended up going with the Corsair SP2500 and they are of unbeatable sound, however as your using a TV, i would look for some speakers with an optical input, so everything that plays through the TV can output into the speakers.

Most sound systems will have a AUX (3.5mm headphone socket) or RCA/Phono (Red and White) or and Optical input, there is always A way to connect multiple devices up to one set.

hallo and thanks a lot for the reply..
when u say high quality HDMI cable can u explain cause i thought i read somewhere that 5 euro hdmi cables and 20 euro hdmi cables dont have any differences its just a "trap" for the customers to pay more..if u mean gold made cables or anything like that do u have any to suggest from amazon.co.uk??
about the sound card i was thinking something like the "creative x-fi extreme audio 7.1 card.i read some good reviews about it and it seems like its the king of the budget sound cards..
and about the Corsair SP2500 they seem to be very nice choise but its just 2.1 i was thinking about something like the old logitech 5500 5.1 system but i cant find it anywhere i think its old model and they are not making them any more..

What he means by HDMI is this which delivers both video and audio signals
images

Big retailers who charge like £50 for a HDMI cable, that is a con. But there is a big difference in Quality of cable, and materials. Also, HDMI cables come in standards, so you need to find one that conforms to all of them for best results.
Bad Quality Cable
Good Quality Cable
Good Quality Cable

When looking at sound systems i also liked the look of Logitech Z-906, its got good sound, bass and the speakers are mountable using something like Speaker Wall Mount

That sound card would probably provide little or no difference to on-board, the motherboard you looking it is pretty decent so i wouldn't waste your money, save and buy a better one at a later date. You might find you decide not too.

Back
Top Bottom