some pc issues

mr.monger

BSOD
well these things have been bothering me for a while but i was too lazy to make a thread :p
anyways the first one is this:
sometimes for no reason the expander on the far right in the taskbar ( the one that shows the active programs) dissapears. i dont know why, but it mostly happened when i was using windows blinds.

second one:
my processor, which is and amd athlon xp 3000 400fsb only runs at around 2.12 ghz when it is supposed to run at 2.2. the multiplier is at 10.5 and the fsb at 201.9.i dont know why it does this but it wasnt something cause by me because all seems normal in the bios...

third:
the temps for my processor are too high. it idles just under 50c and on full load goes to around 55c. i dont really like this because i paid like $50 for a thermaltake pipe101 cooler, and i assumed it was gonna have better temps.

if someone has some advice please be so kind as to share it with poor ole me lol.

well if the processor is running at slower speeds than it should u could just oc it to the right speed. About the heat thing, did the temps go up right after u put the new cooler?

1. Try OC

2. These temps are OK

3....How can you be laxy to post a thread??? lol:p

oc doesnt work too well because my mobo doesnt have an agp lock so if i oc it may damage my gfx card. i can oc to 2.2ghz but i dont keep it that way because i dont really fel safe.

those temps are really not that ok considering people with pentiums got lower temps then me! in fact i think i got the highest temps there. i may try to change the thermal paste later..

i am a very lazy person.

i never had a cooler before this so i really dont know

I thought 3000 ran at 2.0. My 3200 only runs at 2.0, so I don't know about that.

Mostly when you're using Windows Blinds? Does it ever happen when you don't and it is Uninstalled?

it is not uninstalled, but it isnt running anymore( as in its off) and it just happened to me again about an hour or two ago. it doesnt work again unless i turn off my comp...

Oh noes! i messed up... xp 3000 should run at 2.167ghz. well still mine doesnt run at the right speed and the fsb is wrong and i did not mess in the bios.

i think 3200 runs at 2.2

ps. good to see you again LK i noticed you havent been on for a while.

what screensaver?? im not even using windowsblinds anymore because it really just pisses me off because im kind of a perfectionist and if everythings not the way i want it to be i just keep messing around with it and i cant stop.

well i know for p4 it is not bad for sure but ive heard thats a in the higher level for amd. but still not horrible

Back
Top Bottom