So, what's still wrong with Vista?

Shantei

In Runtime
I really like the look of Vista and it's features and am wanting to get it, however, there's still problems with it and I wish to know whether it's worth upgrading to it.

Can someone explain the most significant things currently wrong or inconvenient with it?

It sucks, I never could find compatible drivers even if they said they were for Vista. I upgraded to it for about a week, had no sound and my display driver crashed daily. I then switched back to XP SP2 and just downloaded an unofficial black XP theme which does not slow my PC in the slightest.

As far as I could see, other than Aero, there were no pros to Vista.

My honest opinion, don't buy Vista, wait for the next one. I know several people are going to disagree with me though.

I've got vista running on one of my hard drives, and lemme tell ya. If you can find all the drivers you need, you should be good. But if your like a good percent of the rest of the world, you arent gonna find squat. And you'll just get pissed at vista, wondering why they even sell it.

I've got vista running on one of my hard drives, and lemme tell ya. If you can find all the drivers you need, you should be good. But if your like a good percent of the rest of the world, you arent gonna find squat. And you'll just get pissed at vista, wondering why they even sell it.

Anything new and mainstream is typically fully vista compatible. I use vista now and it's been working great assuming your using fairly recent software and a fairly recent computer. Also with SP1 it's more stable and less problematic than other versions of windows.

Anything new and mainstream is typically fully vista compatible. I use vista now and it's been working great assuming your using fairly recent software and a fairly recent computer. Also with SP1 it's more stable and less problematic than other versions of windows.

I could have made due with my sound issue, just would have bought a new PCI card. My main problem was the display Driver, the newest versions out for ATI are all fubar for Vista. They don't work at all. It's all over the net, I googled it and got god knows how many forums with complaints.

I could have made due with my sound issue, just would have bought a new PCI card. My main problem was the display Driver, the newest versions out for ATI are all fubar for Vista. They don't work at all. It's all over the net, I googled it and got god knows how many forums with complaints.
That would be Nvidia's driver that was the at the root of over a third of BSOD's in Vista.

I use it and I've had no compatability issues at all, and I'm using 64 bit.

That would be Nvidia's driver that was the at the root of over a third of BSOD's in Vista.

I use it and I've had no compatability issues at all, and I'm using 64 bit.

I had 64 bit too and all I had was problems with ATI. Here's a link to the google results for the ATI driver that's going crazy in Vista...works great in XP though.

Vista is alright, however the difference in speed and stability between XP and Vista is astonishing. Going back to XP after using Vista for a year and 4 months makes you really notice the difference in speed.

I'll never go back to XP willingly. Running Vista on the same computer that i used to have XP on, vista is a lot more stable.

I love my Vista 64bit. I gat it the same time I gat my new rig (my sig) was about 3 month go. Dont have any problems with it and it runs fast! Dont think il ever go back to xp :)

Back
Top Bottom