So come on, plain and simple...

mr_roy

Baseband Member
What is the 'Best' graphics card on the market? Now, I'm not asking which is the best performance, 'cos I just can't afford that kind of stuff. I've posted here before and you guys have been pretty good, so, don't let me down. Cheers.

Nick

P.S. can you give me a reasonable price for the card you recommend? Merci beaucoup

Whats the card for...
What is a resonable price to you...

Good questions... very good questions, well, basically my GeForce 3 Ti200 isn't pulling the required weight anymore, so i need something with a bit more "umph". Especially with titles like Doom 3 coming soon, I just need something a little bit more meaty. I don't really wanna spend much more than £150 i guess. I know that won't get me anything cutting edge but I would like to see an improvement. Cheers.

Nick

If you only wanna spend 150 (pounds) I'm american, you probably won't be able to get a card that will be able to run Doom 3 at playable frame rates without it looking like absolute crap. How much is 150 pounds in dollars?

Cheers geezers. I've found a 5900 for about £130 so... bonza. It's not shit either. Thanks once again. I'll continue to use this forum until you all expire. lol.

Nick

Oh, and for interest sake, £150 is currently $275. What would that buy you over there at the moment?

Nick

lord kalthorn, ur saying that a 5600 will play doom 3??

i dunno man.
and the 5600 is only about 90-120 USD.

IF £150 = 275 USD then you can get a hell of alot better card then a 5900.

u could get an MSI 9800 pro or a Gecube.

they have BIO's that make them into Xt's
they have r360 core and hynix memory.

and they're only 200 USD.

i would suggest those instead of the 5900's.

my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom