SLOWwww

EuropaCar

Beta member
Hi all, I'm a new user here.
I recently got a new laptop for college and left my desktop at home.. unfortunately, the laptop performs very poorly when I try to play some of my favorite games.

Here are some relevant specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz
3.00GB RAM
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile
Vista Home Premium

Let me know if you need any more info to help me

The issue is fps. I tried downloading some racing games and they're unbearably slow. I even tried installing one of my very old, simple games (Midtown Madness 2) to see if that helped, but even that game only runs smoothly under the lowest graphics settings..

So any ideas?

Thanks a lot

well firstly the intel media accelerator is shockingly bad for gaming with if im honest , i have one in my laptop and the only games i bother trying to play are those with no 3d in them at all

however try updating the driver from the intel website that might help a lil bit with the issues you have

try running in compatability mode, or a downgrade patch, right click properties and compatibility and run in 98, also the patch ( i can't remember where i got it) but it is for dual cores because they a WAY tio strong for tha kind of processing i was playing 2' moons it skipped slow fps, and crashes used the patch and it worked ill see if i can find where i got it but try the compatability mode first man.

It is DEFINITELY the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile

that is incredibly crappy, lol

thats holding you back big time, and dont look at upgrading, because its a laptop

but the media accelerator is way more than that game needs lol, yes integrated is crap but my friend plays dungeon siege and other 3d games on his and if it can handle taht it can handle that game.

hmm i tried updating the drivers, but it didn't really help
yeah i talked with some people too and they also said that it's probably the media accelerator..
ugh i guess i'm stuck with this crap

thanks everyone for all of your replies

Back
Top Bottom