slow computer

bass_man

Baseband Member
ok my problem is that my computer has been running really slow. it ususally isnt this slow. i cant even run CS. =\ my specs are:

intel celeron d330
512 mb pc2700
radeon 9250
60 gb internal hd, 80 gb external

usually all the time i have freeram xp pro and noads running. are those huge resource hogs?

also, ive defragged, scanned the registry, and does multiple adware/spware scans and still nothing.

is there anything i can do or anyprograms i can use to help me with the problem. i know my parts arent the best but i dont think they should run this slow.

thanks

most likely its an operating system problem. Systems get so infected with spyware and such the os (registry) gets so bogged down it runs real slow. But Celerons aren't made to run games there the lower class pentium that its mainly for e-mailing and web surfin not really anything else. I would reformat the system reload windows xp.. and if its still really slow then you probably have some kind of hardware problem (IE ram, cpu, mobo, disk) 9/10 its just a simple re-install of xp.. make sure to back up any data u must have, as everything will be deleted. put windows xp disk in. restart computer, go in bios.. set boot priority to cd-rom, start win xp disk, delete partition make new one with ntfs, install win xp and you got a new os. may have to re-install drivers also. If this seems to complicated do lots of research first, or take to a computer repair center (thats what I do for a living) and they will let you know if its simple as os or hardware.

Hope this helps.

Most likely software related.
i'm assuming you're talking about cs 1.6, in that case, the celeron is more than sufficient to run it.

aye nortan is one of the worst virus scanners imo. Uses way to much system resources and to many pop ups after the first year very hard to totally get off the system also. Want a good virus scanner that doesn't use to much resources ??

www.free.grisoft.com

Oh yeah and its free with automatic updates.

I would Suggest using a virus scan such as AVG, use adaware, spy-bot serach and destroy. Those are probably the most popular, they're all free so there's no problem there, just google the names and they'll come up.

Back
Top Bottom