Sli MY CARDS

mkdmc

Baseband Member
Hey guys i was wondering would it be smart to sli a 8800gts and a 7600gt LOL ? It maybe a stupid question but im pretty god dam bad when it comes to some stuff like this

Hey guys i was wondering would it be smart to sli a 8800gts and a 7600gt LOL ? It maybe a stupid question but im pretty god dam bad when it comes to some stuff like this
Like others have said, can't do it. You'll have to install one or the other, preferably the 8800GTS.....:D

You guys are actually all wrong.

You can SLI two different cards (as long as they have the same GPU model). The both cards will run at the clock speed of the lowest card (So you're essentially crippling your GTS.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODY5
the 8800 will be G90 or G92, there is no way the 7600 is even close.

You are correct to a degree but the cards have to be the same, different brand of cards e.g. an XFX 8800GT and an EVGA 8800GT can be SLi'd if they are both G90 or G92.

iirc you may also be correct about the different speeds e.g. a G92 GT and a G92 GTX can be SLi'd which is where the GTX would be reduced to the GT performance level.

8800GTS + 7600GT, no way, sorry.

You guys are actually all wrong.

You can SLI two different cards (as long as they have the same GPU model). The both cards will run at the clock speed of the lowest card (So you're essentially crippling your GTS.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODY5

No, I am not wrong.

From your link:
Note: You must still use two graphics cards that have the same GPU model. For example, a GeForce 7800 GT must be matched with another GeForce 7800 GT (not with a GeForce 7800 GTX or a GeForce 6800 Ultra).

From the SLI Zone FAQ:
Can I mix and match graphics cards?
In order to provide optimal symmetric scaling, SLI technology requires the NVIDIA GPUs to match. For example, a GeForce 7800 GTX must be paired with another GeForce 7800 GTX. Likewise, a GeForce 6600 GT must be paired with another GeForce 6600 GT. However, using the latest Release 80 or later graphics drivers, NVIDIA GPUs sold by different manufacturers can be used together in an SLI configuration. For example, a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor ABC can be matched with a GeForce 7800 GT from vendor XYZ.

iirc you may also be correct about the different speeds e.g. a G92 GT and a G92 GTX can be SLi'd which is where the GTX would be reduced to the GT performance level.

For example, a GeForce 7800 GTX must be paired with another GeForce 7800 GTX. Likewise, a GeForce 6600 GT must be paired with another GeForce 6600 GT.
Guess I remembered incorrectly then lol, never really paid much attention to SLi tbh.

Cheers AR

;)

Back
Top Bottom