SLI Motherboard help!!

stefan416

Beta member
hey everyone, I am building a new computer for trading foreign exchange online. I have acquired two Nvidia Quadro fx 3400 video cards that are capable of running 4 1080p monitors. my question is what relatively inexpensive motherboard would be able to support these two video cards. I understand that each video card has two-GPUs totallying 4 and a standard 2 way/ 2 PCIe slot motherboard is incapable of running two of these cards due to the number of GPUs.

I am trying to keep my expenses down for now and am looking to spend a max of $500 on the computer itself. It would also be nice to use DDR3 ram instead of DDR2 becuase it is now the standard. I am flexable on CPUs (intel vs AMD) and everything else. I was also thikning of building a Micro atx side computer so if there are any motherboard that fit that criteria that is a plus.

Please someone help me!!

Stefan.

well each video card is capable of displaying 3840 x 2400 so two 1080p monitors each. at first i am only going to run 2 monitors, maybe three and then add another upto 4 later on so i want the capability of running both cards in the system.

its a total fresh build so everything. at first i was just going to buy a entry level shuttle barebone but it has seemed to evolve from that a bit. I trying to keep it relatively cheap at the 400-500 range

ive basically been scouring kijiji for possible parts/systems.

would the Asus Rampage II Gene be compatible by any chance? im finding it difficult to get accurate information on most boards. i dont even know if 3 way sli would be sufficieent.

Back
Top Bottom